Oikocredit is in search of a Project Officer
Oikocredit is a worldwide cooperative and social investor providing credit and equity to low-income earners and small businesses through microfinance institutions across the developing world and directly to trade cooperatives, fair trade organizations and small to medium enterprises (SMEs).
Oikocredit is privately financed through investments from individuals and organizations. Oikocredit has a development financing portfolio totalling € 806 million, invested across 63 countries worldwide. Oikocredit has 8 regional offices, 34 country offices, an International office in the Netherlands and approximately 250 staff worldwide.
For the past 25 years, Oikocredit has been a trusted social investor providing financial services and capacity building support in the Philippines. Together with its partners, Oikocredit aims to create stronger, more resilient and socially responsive enterprises in the next 25.
Oikocredit is currently looking for a Project Officer who is a Filipino national to be based in Quezon City.
The Project Officer contributes to the development of strategies and policy of the region and in line with the adopted strategy identifies feasible projects for financing and develops a sustainable portfolio. S/he mitigates risks for Oikocredit through the consistent conduct of thorough due diligence and the regular monitoring of key indicators for financial and social performance of institutional partners. Where relevant, the Project officer works out proposals for technical assistance to enable project partners reach their financial and social goal.
Education and experience
- Advanced academic qualifications in economics, business administration, finance, agricultural economics, development economics or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of experience in business, banking and /or economic development
- At least 4 years of experience in the evaluation of investment proposals and management of credit schemes in any or all of the following sectors: microfinance, agriculture, renewable energy. Experience in any of the following countries is a plus: Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Laos
- Adept at financial analysis
- Computer literate with advanced skills in Excel and Word. Knowledge of PowerPoint is a plus
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is a must
Mail or send your letter of application with curriculum vitae by 18 November 2016 to
Oikocredit EDCS, U.A. Phil. Representative Office
Unit 503 Transorient Maritime Building
No. 66 Timog Avenue, Sacred Heart
Quezon City, Philippines
For further information you can visit www.oikocredit.org. Selection interviews will be held after 18 November 2016. Please take note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.